Guide to Castles of Europe: Covers and Romance Models - Authors response to comments listed

Guide to Castles of Europe

Visit some of Europe’s most picturesque, mysterious and notorious castles. Unravel the history, legends, and myths behind some of their celebrated and not so renowned castles in a voyage Adventure and Discovery…!

Friday, December 16, 2005

Covers and Romance Models - Authors response to comments listed

Hi All,

It seems Pamela's article and interview has created a talking point about why Henry VIII's wife Anne Boleyn was executed.

Below is pamelas reply:


First of all I would like to thank you for taking the time to read my article. The Henry VIII time period continues to fascinate me. In my opinion and through my studies, Anne could have been beheaded for many reasons. What leads me to believe she was beheaded for failing to produce a son was that Henry divorced his first wife, Catherine, after trying many years for a male heir.

This is one place I based my research of the article I wrote:

http://www.hyperhistory.net/apwh/bios/b2henry8.htm


I hope you have enjoyed reading Pamelas article and I am sure you will enjoy her next installment.

so until next time

Best wishes and have a great week

Stuart
www.guide-to-castles-of-europe.com

3 Comments:

Blogger Evelyn said...

I checked out the blogspot written by Rit Nosotro whose link you put down as one of your sources and it says right in the article that Anne Boleyn was beheaded for adultery. Pamela Seres misread the article and misquoted it. Every time I have read Anne Boleyn's story it states she was beheaded for adultery but there was no real basis for that, neither are there any citations about her failing to produce a male heir.

8:42 am  
Blogger Evelyn said...

To Pamela Seres: You can go back to your original article and see the comments I posted there about what the charges were, which were made by Cromwell, not Henry the VIII. What were your other sources besides Rit Nosotro who is merely another blogger on this site? I'm very curious to know what they were. My source is a man who chronicled all the Kingdoms of Europe, Gene Gurney who has written no less than thirty five history books spanning the globe. Another thing to consider is that you have not followed what Mr. Nosotro wrote, instead you wrote down a foregone conclusion of your own. That is hardly responsible writing for an historian.

4:20 pm  
Blogger Jaid Black said...

This seems like a weird thing for people to go on tangents about. Breast cancer, war, famine...ok. But this? Good grief.

None of us will ever know what was going through Henry's mind so it's all a moot point. I learned at university that she was beheaded for failing to produce a male heir. I guess you better contact the history department heads of every major university worldwide and tell them to get it straight rather than worry about picking out one sentence from an article on the internet and going into mental meltdown over it. Sheesh.

3:59 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home