Guide to Castles of Europe: Two new Castles - Colditz Castle and Silves Castle in Portugal added

Guide to Castles of Europe

Visit some of Europe’s most picturesque, mysterious and notorious castles. Unravel the history, legends, and myths behind some of their celebrated and not so renowned castles in a voyage Adventure and Discovery…!

Sunday, September 11, 2005

Two new Castles - Colditz Castle and Silves Castle in Portugal added

Silves Castle



Hello again,

This week I have been lucky enough to add two new pages to my site. The fist page was on Colditz Castle in Germany, which needs no introduction. Colditz has had many movies mad about it and was a prisoner of war camp during WWII.

The other castle is Silves Castle which was nearly destroyed by two earthquakes during the 1700's. Silves, resides in the Algarve region of Portugal and is Moorish in design.

Colditz Castle taken in 1945.  Photo Courtesy of the US DoDI have also been busy submitting several of my articles I have written to some newly found online publishers.

Next week I will be adding my first ever published article to the blogg - The evolution of the British castle - A short history. So ..! Watch out for it.

I hope you are enjoying my updates and browsing around my website.

So until next week

Have a great week

Stuart

www.guide-to-castles-of-europe.com

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home